We provide individual tuition which can enable a student to make significant progress especially if they are willing to undertake intensive study to support the work in class. This is particularly useful for students who want to pass IELTS or need to learn and improve their English quickly for a specific reason such as professional or academic opportunities.
Mathematics is integral to applications and equipment we rely on every day. From building computers, to flying a plane or even providing much-needed healthcare practices, mathematics is an indispensable skill for an extensive range of industries.
This course enables you to develop highly sought-after logical and analytical thought processes, problem-solving abilities and good computing techniques, which will give you the opportunity to pursue careers in a wide range of fields including finance, credit risk, business intelligence, actuarial science, teaching, and research.
The contents of this course are covered over 5 modules, all of which contain an assessment upon completion to help test and cement the student’s knowledge and understanding, thereby, giving students the best chance of passing an IGCSE qualification in a flexible and affordable manner.
Every year students from many different countries come to join our General English courses and Summer Schools.
Most are age 18 – 30 although have a significant number of gap-year students, focusing on improving their English before university and other academics and professionals who want to improve their English whilst working or studying in Birmingham.
We run our summer school programmes every year for students age 16 years and over also always have students age 16 – 17 (our minimum age is 16), eager to expand their English skills for high school or university entrance.
More mature students are always welcome too, and older people from huge range of professional backgrounds including doctors, lawyers, academics as well as others mainly from Europe and the Middle East who are now living in Birmingham.
Our inclusive approach and newly refurbished school help to make everyone feel welcome and at home.
- Increase vocabulary and fluency through practice with your teacher and classmates
- Improve pronunciation through use of phonetics.
- Feel comfortable to build confidence in speaking in a friendly learning environment.
- Regular formal listening practice boosts development of this key skill
- Use techniques to help you get the most from listening to English voices in different contexts.
- Use texts from a wide range of sources and authentic material to progress your reading ability.
- Students are encouraged to bring reading matter that interests them and that they can share with others.
- Grammar and spelling practice are vital to enable our students to write good English especially for those who aim to do on to use English for academic studies or professionally.
Aside from learning English we know that our students like to get to know Th UK. All RBC students can enjoy and learn about English culture and the history and contemporary culture that the city of Birmingham offers.
We have a programme of different activities and events according the time of year. This includes Organised visits to local places of interest, social gatherings in historic hostelries and restaurants, visits to museums and galleries, music and poetry, theater, picnics and games in the parks and meadows and much more.
We include visits to other places such as Bicester Village Shopping and Blenheim Palace as well as different sights, activities and events in London.
Anyone is welcome to join in and details are provided when students register.